Friday, August 9, 2013

Apples with Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chips

Is is a great snack and a good way to eat fruit for a picky eater while still having yummy chocolate. I've seen this in Pinterest with the peanut butter drizzled on top but I aim for the short cuts that reduce prep time and clean up while still giving me results. I usually use semi sweet chocolate chips. I tried the mini version but it didn't give me enough of the chocolate flavor. I also tried dark chocolate, which I usually prefer, but it didn't work will here.

Steps

  • Place a spoon or two of peanut butter in a microwavable dish like a small ramakin. If you use a durable plastic spoon, you can put it in the microwave with the dish.
  • Heat the peanut butter until warm, about 30 seconds.
  • Slice the apple into quarters, cut out the core. Then slice each quarter into thirds.
  • Pour some chocolate chips on top of the peanut butter.
  • Dip the apple into the mixture and eat!