Monday, July 8, 2013

Saving Money at Target

How I save money at Target.
  1. Use a Target card. Get 5% off your bill.
  2. Bring your own bags. Get $0.05 per bag.
  3. Check out Totally Target for deals and how to stack coupons.
  4. Check out and print off Target coupons.
  5. Download the Target store app on your smart phone and check out mobile coupons. You can also have the link texted to you.
  6. Download the Target Cartwheel app on your smart phone or online.

Target has both credit and debit cards so if you don't want a another credit card, you can get the debit.

Bringing your own bags may seem like a hassle but you're going to have a folder of coupons anyway. Plus you can stuff your bags and coupons into one and carry them all in one bag.

I've been shopping at Target for groceries for a while but it wasn't until recently that I found Totally Target. This website posts deals and coupons for Target. It is awesome to see what sales pair up with the manufacturer and Target coupons. Plus Target has mobile coupons AND a new application called Cartwheel. Cartwheel provides 5%-15% off deals for items all through out Target. They can be very specific, like just Original Coke soda, so check out the details. My Target has free wifi, so I wait until I'm in the store to check out the deals. Both the mobile coupons and the cartwheel deals can be scanned directly from your phone.

You going to need some patience. The cashiers at my Target have a hard time dealing with cloth bags, coupons, scanning your phone. And check out takes longer than others. Plus I have to explain something or another.

Savings at Target and other stores

  1. Coupon websites.
  2. Newspaper.
  3. Manufacturer websites.
  4. Facebook pages.

Coupon websites I visit on a weekly basis:

I used to have a newspaper subscription but I found that majority of the coupons are for processed foods, prepared foods, cleaning items and personal care. I just wasn't using these coupons so I don't get the newspaper anymore.

Also check out manufacturer websites for coupons and deals. Like Facebook pages for your favorite products and manufacturers. Often times special coupons will be posted just on Facebook.

How do you save money? Do you have a special tip or a website? Let me know.