Saturday, July 13, 2013

Fentian's Botanically Brewed Dandelion & Burdock Soda

Fentian's Botanically Brewed Dandelion & Burdock Soda originally from Target. I received the box from a friend. It comes in packs of four.

Look

The box is very interesting. It reminds me of something from 100 years ago. It had the history about the brand and a description of the product. This would have grabbed my attention at the store. The cap has a cute picture of a dog.

Smell

After reading the description, I thought it would smell like cough syrup but it didn't. It had a little sweet smell but manly herbal.

Taste

So different from anything I've tried before. Not too sweet but it has about the same amount of sugar as other sodas. It manly tasted herbal but a little sweet. I didn't taste much of the ginger. It doesn't have a spiciness to it that ginger beer has. It finished with a taste of anise. It didn't have any floral flavor. Apparently burdock root has great health benefits. I've never had anything with either burdock root or dandelion in it so I was very interested in these flavors.

Would I buy it again?

Probably not. I think this was a limited edition item.