Sunday, June 16, 2013

Savings at CVS

How I got $61.72 worth of items for $33.31!!

I stopped into CVS to check out the deals. I had a extra rewards for $3 off of $15. I checked out the coupon machine. I got a coupon for $3 off a purchase of $15 worth of hair color. So I checked it out and there was a deal for $3 extra bucks with purchase of two L'Oreal hair colors. One Garnier Olia and two L'Oreal Root Rescues went into my basket.

Then I checked out the makeup. I picked up a coupon for NYC and Rimmel. These were manufacture coupons attached to the displays. Always check out the new product displays for coupons. I had another coupon for NYC that I had printed from the internet. I picked up the bronzer in Sunny. I've been eyeing it for a while but couldn't bring myself to buy it because I didn't need it and I couldn't get a deal.

I also had a coupon for toothpaste so I stopped by and there was a deal going on. Buy two duel packs and get extra bucks. Two duel packs went into my basket.

I also got a coupon from the CVS machine for 20% off CVS brand products. I picked up some more medication, one was buy one get one 50% off.

When I checked out, I made sure to split my transactions, making sure to purchase the minimum or just what it took to get the extra bucks. I had three transactions. In total, I got 61.72 worth of items. I saved $28.41 with coupons and discounts and extra bucks. I spent 33.31.