Friday, June 28, 2013

Keratosis Pilaris - KP - Chicken Skin

I suffer from KP on my arms and my thighs. I have for as long as I can remember. I didn't try to treat it much when I was younger but now I'm not aware and I want to do something about it. I've read a lot about it but the information varies. Exfoliate, don't exfoliate, use gylocic acid, use BHA, use AHA.

I've tried Dermadoctor KP Duty but it didn't work for me.

I've tried Glytone KP Kit, 15.1 ounce Package but it also didn't work for me. The body wash didn't do anything special. The lotion was thick and heavy on my skin. I didn't like that feeling. Plus it stung if you applied it to freshly shaven skin (package says not to but I did anyway).

I've tried RESIST Weightless Body Treatment with 2% BHA. My thighs have gotten a little better but my arms have stayed the same. This is a lighter lotion and absorbs quicker.

I've been reading Caroline Hirons and I want to try some of the recommendations she has. I copied them below. This post is not only to share information but to become my trial and error cheat sheet! Twofer!

Clinc on Thursday March 15, 2013 "I know it seems random and for a little while expensive but I would use a normal body lotion by garnier etc (much under-rated! - Body Repair - the red one - is one of my top 3 body lotions) and in the evenings apply Alpha-H Liquid Gold ALL OVER THE ARMS - I assume its your arms? The glycolic will sort it out. Honest. And its not THAT £££." "Cool Fix from SpaceNK"

Dry Brushing. This isn't the first time I've heard about the benefits of dry brushing. I've been trying it occasionally but not enough to report on the effects for KP. Tati of Glam Life Guru has a great video on it. I like the dry brushing but I don't know if it is really having an effect. It took a little while to get used to and was painful at first. I dry brush about every other day.