Best with tilapia - you can also use any other white fish such as trout, cod, halibut, catfish, mahi mahi...whatever is on sale.
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 or 3 garlic cloves, minced (this depends on how much garlic you like to put in your food)
- handful of baby carrots chopped
- 1 stalk of celery chopped
- handful of parsley finely chopped
- lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pull enough foil so that you can cover all the fish and veggies and close it shut
- Line the center of the foil with fennel
- Season fish with salt, pepper, and any other spices you like (rosemary and thyme work well)
- Place fish on top of fennel
- Place minced garlic on top of fish, then onion, carrots, and celery
- Sprinkle finely chopped parsley over the top
- Sprinkle lemon juice over all the fish and veggies (I will use about 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice) and close the bag shut)
- Place bag on a baking sheet and place in oven for about 20-40 minutes or until fish is opaque and flaky
For other fish, like salmon, catfish, etc. I will season both sides of the fish with a little salt pepper and then use a marinade. I prefer lemon and herb marinade by McCormick. Then I'll put the fish on a baking sheet and back for about 30-40 minutes or until opaque and flaky. This is the easiest way to cook fish that I've found.
Another fish idea, take a 8”x8” baking dish. Place the fish inside after adding salt and pepper to both sides of the fish. Then sprinkle Montreal Steak seasoning and bake at 375 for about 20-25 min.